Our services for US citizens in Canada include:
- preparation of US tax returns and FBAR forms;
- catch-up filings for persons who have lapsed in their tax filing requirements;
- estate planning strategies, including coordinating US and Canadian tax planning;
- review of US trust structures and tax planning advice for US citizens moving to Canada; and
- calculation of tax-equalization payments for US citizens resident in Canada.
- US Tax Filings
We offer a comprehensive list of services for US tax filings:
- preparation of non-resident alien individual tax returns (form 1040NR) for US rental income, capital gains from real property, salary income, and business income;
- preparation of US tax returns for US citizens living in Canada (form 1040), and state returns if required;
- preparation of US corporate income tax returns for US corporations or foreign corporations (form 1120 or form 1120F), together with required disclosure schedules;
- preparation of US partnership returns (form 1065), together with partner statements (form K1);
- preparation of US trust returns (form 1041);
- preparation of US estate tax returns for US citizens (form 706) and non-resident aliens holding US situs property (form 706NA);
- preparation of payroll remittances and summary reporting (forms W2 and W3), and withholdings and related forms (for example, form 1099), and
- preparation of treaty based disclosure claims.