Michael Cadesky is the managing partner at Cadesky Tax and a committed contributor to the tax and accounting professions since 1980, earning the title of Fellow from CPA Ontario. Trusted as a lecturer and media commentator on tax issues, Michael has advised on tax policy and administration to the Minister of National Revenue, Auditor General, Department of Finance, Canada Revenue Agency, and several foreign governments. He is the author or co-author of numerous papers on Canadian and international taxation as well as several books.
- Certified Tax Advisor (CTA), 2013
- Registered Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP), 1998
- CICA In-Depth Tax Course, 1983
- CPA Ontario, CPA, 1980
- York University, MBA, 1978
- York University, BSc, 1976
Memberships and Affiliations
- Chair, International Tax Specialist Group (ITSG), 2005-Present
- Chair, Tax Specialist Group (TSG), 1999-Present
- Past Chair, Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) Worldwide, 2004-2006; Past Chair, STEP Canada, 1998-2004, Awarded TEP Emeritus, 2019
- Past Chair, CPA Canada Tax Committee for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise
- Past Governor, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Board Member, Asia Oceania Tax Consultants Association (AOTCA)
- Member, International Fiscal Association
Awards and Recognitions
- TEP Emeritus, 2019
- STEP Worldwide Award for Outstanding Service to the Profession, 2015
- Fellow, Taxation Institute of Hong Kong, 1996
- Fellow, CPA Ontario, 1994
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Co-Author. Taxation at Death. Carswell, 2021. (5th Edition)
- Co-Author. Towards Greater Fairness in Taxation: A Model Taxpayer Charter. IBFD, 2016.
- Co-Author. Trusts and International Tax Treaties. Bloomsbury Professional, 2006.
- Co-Editor. STEP Canada / CRA Roundtables.
- Editor. Taxation of Real Estate in Canada. Carswell.
- Principal Speaker. CPA Tax Seminars Series.